Temporary (until March 2021) Part Time (0.6) Care Facilitator, Brewer Assessment Centre / temporaire (jusqu’en mars 2021) à temps partile (0,6) Facilitatrice / Facilitateur de soins, Centre d’évaluation Brewer
|Open Date||Sep 15 2020 - 09:48:00 AM||Close Date||Sep 21 2020 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Temporary (until March 2021) Part Time (0.6) Care Facilitator, Brewer Assessment Centre / temporaire (jusqu’en mars 2021) à temps partile (0,6) Facilitatrice / Facilitateur de soins, Centre d’évaluation Brewer||Posting Type||ONA|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Temporary Part Time (0.6) / temporaire à temps partiel (0,6)|
|Department Group||Hours per Week|
|Department||Brewer Assessment Center / Centre d’évaluation Brewer||Openings||1|
|Education||College Diploma / Diplôme collégial||Company||CHEO|
|Location||Brewer Assessment Center / Centre d’évaluation Brewer||Competition||20-543|
|Salary Range||$34.90 to/à $49.16 per hour/ par heure|
In keeping with the mission statement of the hospital and the patient service units, the Care Facilitator is to provide clinical and practice support to the staff assigned to the Brewer Assessment Area.
This position will facilitate communication and flow at the assessment centre in close cooperation with The Ottawa Hospital staff and leadership team.
- Co-ordination of patient care as the need arises, facilitating, in a timely manner, the efficient functioning of the assessment centre with attention to assessing and directing care and flow of patients.
- Works closely with other partners towards the smooth operations of the Assessment Centre – in particular The Ottawa Hospital operating the adult assessment lanes. Troubleshooting and creative problem-solving to continue high quality and efficient care with increasing patient volumes.
- Provide just-in-time clinical /practice support to nurses and clerks.
- Facilitate staff mobilization.
- Provide on-going clinical/technical education that is specific to the Assessment Centre.
- Pick up assignment in the event of surge or staffing shortages.
- Responsible for policy dissemination and teaching/sign-off of medical directives as part of orientation
- Fosters the provision of family-centered care by supporting and assisting nursing staff with patient care as deemed necessary and facilitating the advancement of evidence-based practices.
- Act as a resource person for unit staff, supporting and promoting efforts leading to the accomplishment of goals and individual/unit objectives.
- Assists staff members in carrying out the nursing process as appropriate.
- Works cooperatively with the Clinical Manager and The Ottawa Hospital on-site leadership team to maintain continuity of patient care.
- Provides leadership in quality practice.
- Monitors and ensures that unit standards of care are maintained through direct observation of care, revision of charting and evaluation of equipment.
- Facilitates and initiates Quality Improvement activities and participates in unit quality management program.
- Vulnerable Sector Check (Essential)
- BScN (Preferred)
- Current registration with theCollege ofNurses ofOntario (Essential)Minimum five (5) years RN experience in a pediatric clinical environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities (Essential)
- Demonstrated ability to assign work, to monitor work requirements and to deploy resources appropriately and effectively (Essential)
- Demonstrated ability to assess critical situations quickly, to determine action needed and to make effective decisions (Essential)
- Demonstrated ability to diffuse situations which may be sensitive and/or highly intensive (Essential)
- Demonstrated ability in working with families during stressful situations (Essential)
- Must possess highly effective verbal and written communication skills (Essential)
- Must provide evidence of ongoing professional development and learning (Essential)
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and previous teaching experience/ability (Essential)
- Demonstrated excellent conflict management and interpersonal skills (Essential)
- Member of professional association(s) i.e. RNAO (Preferred)
- Bilingualism (English/French) (Preferred)
Should the applicant require any accommodations during the application process please notify Human Resources as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.